This morning, I was thinking on what to cook for lunch. I want to prepare something healthy yet cheap for my family.
I checked on our fridge and saw ground pork. What to do? Hmmm…
Then I thought, oooo-kay! I’ll be making a Picadillo!
I don’t have much ingredients at hand, like raisins and bell pepper, so I’ll be making my own version of Picadillo. But I’ll make sure it’ll be very palatable.
Let’s get started!
500g ground pork
carrots, chopped into small cubes
potatoes, chopped into small cubes
1 small pack of tomato sauce
1 can cooked green peas, reserve the liquid
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Saute garlic and onion until they smell aromatic.
2. Add the ground pork. Stir until it turns brown in color.
3. Then add the green peas. I usually add this first than the rest of the veggies because I want these to be soft when chewed. So basically, I want them to be well-done.
4. Add potatoes and carrots. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the tomato sauce. Mix well. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the liquid/water from the green peas. Cover again and simmer for about 2 minutes. Serve while hot with rice.