Recipe of the day:
GARLIC TOAST or GARLIC BREAD
My very long weekend is finally over. B A C K T O W O R K. . .
So, today, I’ll teach you a very quick to prepare snack or side dish that you can make ahead suitable for your busy schedule.
I like garlic toast or garlic bread because you can even use a leftover bread to make one. You can also prepare as many pieces as you like and store them in the freezer (and then toast them in the oven before eating).
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ¹⁄³ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Parsley (fresh or dried)
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon garlic powder
- French bread (cut into 1 inch slices) (or any leftover bread)
Let’s get started!
- Mix butter, cheese, parsley and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Arrange your bread slices in your oven pan with baking sheet.
- Spread each slices with garlic mixture.
- Cover with GLAD cling wrap and put it in the freezer until the bread becomes hard (about 1 hour).
- Get enough pieces that you will eat, transfer the rest in GLAD resealable plastic bag and put them back in the freezer.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes (prior to getting the bread from the freezer).
- Arrange desired number of slices (butter-side up) on the baking pan (with wax paper or baking sheet).
- Bake until bread is toasted and butter has melted (around 5 minutes).
Done! Best served when hot with your favorite pasta! 🙂
I would personally like to thank our sponsor Glad Kitchen Philippines for the previous baking workshop we had with the Mommy Bloggers Philippines at the Maya Kitchen Culinary Arts Center.
Follow/Like Glad Kitchen PH on Facebook and Instagram: @GladKitchen