Today’s recipe for this coooold weather is…
Pansit lomi or lomi noodles is made of fresh egg noodle. It’s thick and color yellow. This is usually eaten during breakfast or afternoon snack time or merienda.
What you’ll need:
1/4 kilo lomi noodles
1/2 cup pork (sliced into strips)
1/2 cup sliced kikiam
1/4 cup meatballs
1 large onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
6-7 cups chicken or meat broth
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in water
2 raw eggs
salt to taste
Let’s get started!
- Saute garlic and onion.
- When brown, add pork strips, kikiam, and meatballs.
- Add patis; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until water is almost dry.
- Add broth.
- Cover and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Drop in noodles. Let boil for 3 minutes and thicken with dissolved cornstarch.
- Beat eggs and stir in. Do not boil. Serve at once.