Dinner Rolls or Bread Rolls
A roll is a small, often round loaf of bread served as a meal accompaniment (eaten plain or with butter). A roll can be served and eaten whole or cut transversely and dressed with filling between the two halves. [Wikipedia]
1 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp softened butter
1 egg, beaten
3 ½ – 4 cups of flour
- Put water and yeast in a large mixing bowl and add sugar, salt, butter and egg.
- Beat the ingredients until well-blended.
- Add 3 ½ to 4 cups of flour and mix until soft dough forms. Note: It shouldn’t be sticky.
- Put onto floured board and knead a few times until it becomes smooth.
- Place in greased bowl, cover with Glad® cling wrap and let it rise in warm place approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
Glad® ClingWrap grips tight, seals easily and protect the food you love, helping to keep it fresher, longer. It’s easy to handle, microwave‐safe and contains no plasticizers, so you can reheat with confidence. [https://www.glad.com]
- Punch down and turn onto floured board. Shape into 12 rolls and place in greased 13×9 inches baking pan. Let it rise again for about 3o minutes.
- Bake with 350 º for 20 minutes. Brush tops of rolls with butter.