Recipe of the Day: Bistek
Bistek is the Pinoy version of beef steak. It’s a different recipe from the “known” beef steak recipes from other countries. The Pinoy version of “beef steak” has more sauce (soy sauce) with either lemon or calamansi.
This is one of my favorite viands. Actually it’s my TOP favorite. A week won’t pass without it on our menu. A very easy but flavorful dish which is best serve with rice. LOTS of rice!
1/2 kilo beef (sirloin), sliced thinly
1 pc red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup calamansi juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
caramelized onion rings (white onion), 1/4-inch thickness
- Marinate the beef in soy sauce, calamansi juice and ground pepper for AT LEAST an hour.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Fry the marinated beef (save the marinade for later).
- Add and sauté the chopped garlic and red onions.
- Add the marinade and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a serving plate top with caramelized onion rings. And as mentioned earlier, this is BEST served with LOTS of rice. Haha!
Get a printable copy of the recipe here: bistek-recipe
Let me know if you have tried it. 🙂