Sinigang na Bangus
This is a simple sinigang na bangus recipe with lesser ingredients than the usual fish sinigang that you cook. Easier and faster to cook, and very affordable!
1 large sized bangus (milkfish), cleaned and cut into serving pieces
1 banana heart (puso ng saging)
2 tomatoes, quartered
tamarind soup base powder
5 cups of water
- Peel the banana heart until you reach the yellow-colored soft core. Cut off the stem. Slice into 2 inches length and soak in salted cold water for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add bangus, banana heart, tomatoes and onion. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Add tamarind soup base powder and season with fish sauce (patis).
- Remove from heat and serve while hot with rice.