There are some things that we don’t have control. Problems and trials come constantly. And sometimes, we find them overwhelming.
Here are some signs that you are really stressed…
Stress affects our health. It also makes us feel really tired, over-burdened, and very depressed. And when we experience this, it’s either we over eat or we lose appetite. Hence, makes us feel sick and uneasy.
Yes, we may not be able to control stress, but let’s try to help ourselves to manage it. After all, we just wanted to be happy and have a peaceful life.
I’m not an expert at this but here are some tips that could possibly help you manage stress.
- Take some time to relax. Watch a good movie, have a massage, enroll in a yoga class, or travel! Things that would really make you feel relaxed and release that feeling of stress and anxiety.
- Connect with people. Share how you feel with people close to you (family or closest friend maybe). Seek some advice on your situation. Let someone know what is happening and how you feel about your situation.
- Keep a positive and realistic attitude towards your problems. Make an effort to maintain positive thoughts instead of being too depressed, angry or negative about it. Instead of dwelling being “down”, try to clear your mind and think of something that you could “somehow” do over it or try to find good books or readings online that may help you. Bible is of great help.
- Welcome humor. Laughter is always the best medicine! It also helps your mind to relax and to avoid over-thinking.
- Sleep and get enough rest. If you are stressed, your body needs extra time to rest and your mind to relax and be at peace. And when you wake up, you’ll feel more refreshed, body and mind, to think of what to do next and act positively.
Life is so short. Let’s all aim to be happy…ALWAYS.