Embutido is a Pinoy-style meatloaf. It is one of the popular Filipino dishes served during holidays, fiestas and parties (like birthdays).
Last month, we served this dish during my youngest son’s 4th birthday party. It was a hit! Let me share with you the recipe for a special embutido.
1 kilo ground pork
1 ½ bread crumbs
1 cup carrots, ground
1 cup ham, chopped
1 cup onion, grated/minced
1 clove onion, grated/minced
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup pickles, relish
¼ cup raisins
1 tbsp cornstarch
hard boiled eggs, sliced
chicken hotdogs, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the steamer and set aside.
- In a big bowl or small basin, mix all the ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture with a small cup and flatten it in a foil.
- Put some slices of hard boiled egg and chicken hotdog at the center of the flattened mixture.
- Roll the until the stuffing covers the egg and hotdog. Then roll the aluminum foil tightly and seal both ends.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the mixture.
- Place the prepared embutido in the steamer carefully.
- Steam it for 1 hour.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate it for some time.
- Slice them and serve with ketchup. (You have an option to fry it after slicing or serve as it is.)
Now, you’re ready to impress your friends! 🙂