For the Brownies
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
2 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup butter
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
For the Frosting
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 cup dark chocolate
For the Toppings
¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Sift flour and cocoa powder. Mix and set aside.
- Cook over low heat: evaporated milk, sugar, butter, vanilla and instant coffee. Mix until dissolved.
- Add the combined flour and cocoa powder. Mix.
- Add the remaining evaporated milk.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until it can already hold a shape.
- Transfer it in square or rectangular container lined with parchment paper (or aluminum foil). Spread it evenly and flatten using a spatula.
- Using an improvised double boiler, melt the chocolate with evaporated milk over low heat.
- Pour the frosting on top of the brownies and sprinkle chopped peanuts.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Cut the brownies into bite size pieces.