Christmas is coming!
Let’s start practicing how to make a perfect Leche Flan and impress our families and guests! 🙂
12 pcs eggyolks
1 ½ can condensed milk
1 ½ can evaporated milk
2 tsps lemon juice
½ cup caramelized sugar (¾ cups sugar boiled in ½ cup water)
Continue reading “#RECIPE OF THE DAY: Leche Flan”
For the Brownies
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
2 cups evaporated milk
1/3 cup butter
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
For the Frosting
¼ cup evaporated milk
1 cup dark chocolate
For the Toppings
¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Sift flour and cocoa powder. Mix and set aside.
- Cook over low heat: evaporated milk, sugar, butter, vanilla and instant coffee. Mix until dissolved.
- Add the combined flour and cocoa powder. Mix.
- Add the remaining evaporated milk.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until it can already hold a shape.
- Transfer it in square or rectangular container lined with parchment paper (or aluminum foil). Spread it evenly and flatten using a spatula.
- Using an improvised double boiler, melt the chocolate with evaporated milk over low heat.
- Pour the frosting on top of the brownies and sprinkle chopped peanuts.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Cut the brownies into bite size pieces.
Isa sa mga classic na ulam ng Pinoy, ang PORK MECHADO. Pwedeng-pwede pang-tanghalian man o hapunan. Pwede rin naman isama sa handaan. 🙂
♥ Ingredients ♥
1 and 1/2 pork shoulder, cubes
1 large potato, cubed
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green peas
1 pork bouillon cube
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 can (6oz) tomato sauce
1 and 1/2 cups water
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tbsp cooking oil
Continue reading “#RECIPE of the Day: PORK MECHADO”
Bagay na bagay sa taglamig/tag-ulan, BULALO!!! Napakadali lang nitong lutuin. Medyo may kamahalan lang ang baka pero, why not, di naman araw-araw ‘to. 🙂
♥ Ingredients ♥
1 kilo beef shank, chopped to desired pieces/sizes
1 onion, diced
4 stalks onion leeks, chopped
1/4 cup dried banana blossom (bulaklak ng saging)
Salt and pepper to taste
Fish Sauce (patis)
Continue reading “Recipe of the Day: BULALO”
♥ Ingredients ♥
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
6 ounces evaporated milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Continue reading “Recipe of the Day: PUTO CHEESE”
We are all familiar with lemon detox water, but have you heard about the benefits of CUCUMBER WATER?
Here some of the reasons why you should start drinking this:
Continue reading “Have you tried CUCUMBER WATER?”
Honestbee is an online concierge and delivery service. They basically shop for you based on your choices from their website and deliver them to you at your desired time of delivery.
I actually have heard about this service long time ago and it was just recently that I was able to try it. Since I am busy at work on weekdays and most of the time have OT’s, I thought of trying out their service.
I went to their website, https://www.honestbee.ph, and quickly browse on some important items that we need at home. These includes my kids’ milk and some basic kitchen/cooking stuffs. Their website is very user-friendly. What you see is what you get. If you have some trouble or have queries, you can right away chat with a customer service assistant from the same site.
Continue reading “An Honest Experience with Honestbee”
½ kilo ground pork
1 onion, chopped
all purpose flour, for binding
6 cloves garlic, chopped
5 cups water
1 patola, sliced by 2 inches
250 g misua (rice noodles)
- Combine ground pork, egg, onion, salt, pepper and all-purpose flour.
- Form them into small balls. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil. Saute garlic.
- Fry the meat balls until golden brown.
- Pour water and add the patola slices.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
- Drop in the fine rice noodles or misua.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- cooking oil
- 4 pcs chicken, quarter size
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder in another bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep skillet or deep fryer. Medium heat.
- Dip chicken in the beaten egg.
- Then, dredge in the seasoned flour. Coat evenly.
- Fry one side about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Follow the same for the other side.
- The trick is to flip it once only.
Enjoy your crispy-licious fried chicken!
And the countdown continues…
Are you still thinking on what to cook on Christmas eve? Let me think and share some for you. These are common but at least can contribute…somehow…haha!
- All-time MENUDO! My favorite!
- Pansit Guisado
- All-time lumpiang shanghai/shanghai rolls
- Lechon Paksiw
- Lechon Kawali
- Cordon Bleu
- Garlic-Buttered Shrimp
- Black Pepper Crab
- Grilled Liempo/Fish
These are just suggestions. Feel free to add more and comment below.
One of the importance of celebrating Christmas is also to have a bonding and cherish memories with our friends, families and loved ones. We, Filipinos, love food. We can have great memories over food. 🙂 But whether you have lots of dishes to share with or few, the most important thing is we are all happy, complete and blessed.
Prayers to all the sick people, that they may recover the soonest and may they enjoy this holiday season with their families.
May your Christmas be decorated with cheer and filled with love. Have a wonderful holiday!