Isa sa mga classic na ulam ng Pinoy, ang PORK MECHADO. Pwedeng-pwede pang-tanghalian man o hapunan. Pwede rin naman isama sa handaan. 🙂
♥ Ingredients ♥
1 and 1/2 pork shoulder, cubes
1 large potato, cubed
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green peas
1 pork bouillon cube
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 can (6oz) tomato sauce
1 and 1/2 cups water
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 tbsp cooking oil
½ kilo ground pork
1 onion, chopped
all purpose flour, for binding
6 cloves garlic, chopped
5 cups water
1 patola, sliced by 2 inches
250 g misua (rice noodles)
- Combine ground pork, egg, onion, salt, pepper and all-purpose flour.
- Form them into small balls. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil. Saute garlic.
- Fry the meat balls until golden brown.
- Pour water and add the patola slices.
- Add fish sauce to taste.
- Drop in the fine rice noodles or misua.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
Pork Giniling Recipe
Sauteed pork giniling is my sister’s ultimate favorite food. She can eat tons of rice servings with this viand. I’ll be sharing with you how easy to cook this and how cheap the ingredients are.
1 pound ground pork (beef is also good)
1 big potato, diced
1 big carrot, diced
1 small red bell pepper, either diced or julienned
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1 tomato, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ cup water
- Sauté garlic, onion and tomato.
- Add ground pork and sauté until it turns brown.
- Add carrots, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper (You may also use “Magic Sarap” if you have.).
- Add red bell pepper, sauté well.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil until the veggies are cooked.
That’s it! Why don’t you try it this lunch for your family? 🙂
Recipe of the day:
BAKED PORK CHOPS
I have recently confessed that I am a pork-lover, sorry to my dear friends who doesn’t eat pork because of their religion or whatever their reason would be, but today I’ll be sharing a pork chop recipe.
This is another quick and easy to prepare recipe. My whole family loves pork, me being the top fan. 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Some may not be familiar, but you can actually buy this at the grocery stores.)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (You can use the rest of the lemon in your drinking water.)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (Brown sugar is sweeter than your ordinary white/refined sugar.)
- 2 tbsps ketchup
What are we waiting for…
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutues.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and ketchup.
- Lay your pork chops in a baking dish.
- Spread the pork chops with ½ of your sauce mixture.
- Bake the pork chops in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and turn the pork chops.
- Spread them with the remaining sauce.
- Bake again for 30 minutes.
Once done, go run for steamed rice and enjoy your baked pork chops! I guess you can try this recipe with chicken, too, but you need to lessen the cooking time since chicken cooks easily than pork chops. Share and let me know your experiences by commenting below. Thanks!