This seafood recipe can be an appetizer or viand. You can serve this with your favorite dipping like tartar sauce.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Mix cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Dredge the shrimp in cornstarch mixture then dip in the egg white.
- Roll it in the coconut. Coat the shrimp well.
- Place each shrimp on the baking tray with baking sheet or cooking spray.
- Bake until the shrimps turn bright orange/pink and the coconut is browned (around 15 minutes).